Virginia CHP Non-Resident
In this Virginia Non-Resident firearms safety training course, students will receive instruction on firearm safety, handling, Virginia state firearm law, handgun parts and operation, and basic maintenance of a firearm. Additionally, a basic use-of-force lecture will be included. This 8-hour course covers time in the classroom, our simulation lab and live firing on the range.
Duration: 4-5 hours
- Students are STRONGLY encouraged to bring and shoot their own handgun.
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Learn how to use situational awareness to maintain safety.
- Understand how using the ‘Color Codes of Awareness’
- Acquire the knowledge required to choose a self-defense firearm for his or her defensive needs.
- Learn the proper way to load and unload many types of handguns.
- Identify firearm malfunctions and learn basic techniques for clearing them.
- Participants will learn what ‘defensive’ shooting is and how to do it.
- Learn proper grip, stance, and trigger control.
- Learn and practice the difference between point shooting and sighted fire.
- Learn and practice how to use a ‘flash sight picture’.
- Virginia Law
Need help with paperwork?
We can do that with you. Navigating the difficult path of the bureaucrats is not easy. Let our professionals get it done for you.
$100 Single State
$200 Multiple States
If you need to Rent a Firearm and or need Ammo for the Live Fire Exercises.
- Firearm Rental is $25
- .9mm Ammo is $25 per box of 50 rounds (Subject to Change)