Maryland Wear & Carry
Wear & Carry Day 1This 8-hour course is the first of two modules needed to satisfy Maryland’s Wear & Carry’s 16-hour training requirement. Wear & Carry Day 1 provides students with situational awareness skills, conflict avoidance, and why seconds count in a use of force situation. Throughout the training, you will have the unique opportunity to handle a variety of firearms to ensure you have the best tools for your self-defense plan. You will learn how to master the correct ‘building blocks’ and shooting fundamentals to turn correct and consistent practice into ‘muscle memory’. In the classroom, we will spend some time perfecting your grip, stance, trigger control and teach you how to ‘defensively’ draw from the holster. Your instructor will thoroughly explain Maryland firearm laws, transportation, and use of force.
Wear & Carry Day 2
This 8-hour course is the second of two modules needed to satisfy Maryland’s Wear & Carry’s 16-hour training requirement. Wear & Carry Day 2 provides you with a framework so that you are better prepared to face a defensive situation mentally, legally, and financially. Each student will learn about different types of flashlights, holsters, gun attachment lights, and their purpose in different situations. Students will learn how to properly perform dry fire drills, low light techniques, and shooting from behind cover. The course will conclude with a final proficiency test. This proficiency course was developed by the Maryland State Police in order to qualify for a Wear & Carry Permit. Each student will demonstrate gun safety and proficiency with a minimum passing score of 70%.
- Each student must bring his or her own firearm, flashlight, outside-the-waistband holster, sturdy belt and 150 rounds of ammunition.
- Day 2 Module is 8 hours of active training. A 1-hour lunch break will be provided.
- All students MUST wear range appropriate clothing including closed-toe shoes and a sturdy belt.
Duration: 16 Hours Total (8 hours per day)
Price: $325.00 *If you need to split your weekend up for both days, there is a $25 per day additional fee.
Day 1 Module Objectives:
- Learn how to use situational awareness to maintain safety.
- Understand how using the ‘Color Codes of Awareness’
- Acquire the knowledge required to choose a self-defense firearm for his or her defensive needs.
- Learn the proper way to load and unload many types of handguns.
- Identify firearm malfunctions and learn basic techniques for clearing them.
- Shoot various handguns in a live fire exercise on the range.
- Participants will learn what ‘defensive’ shooting is and how to do it.
- Learn proper grip, stance, and trigger control.
- Learn and practice the difference between point shooting and sighted fire.
- Learn and practice how to use a ‘flash sight picture’.
- Learn and apply the steps of a defensive holster draw.
- Different types of personal defense ammunition and their characteristics including caliber, knockdown power, and stopping power.
Day 2 Module Objectives:
- Understand the “Fight or Flight” response and physiological reactions associated with extreme stress.
- Understand the proper response to an identified threat.
- Understand when the right to deadly force ends.
- At the conclusion of the class, each participant will have the knowledge and skills to communicate effectively with law enforcement in the aftermath of a situation.
- Gain knowledge of dry fire drills for home use.
- Learn techniques for low light shooting and experience low light shooting on the range.
- Learn the importance of barrier shooting and the difference between cover and concealment.
- Learn techniques for one-handed shooting and put this new skill to test on the range.
- Finally, Students will shoot a culmination proficiency under the guidance of a NRA instructor.
Need help with paperwork?
We can do that with you. Navigating the difficult path of the bureaucrats is not easy. Let our professionals get it done for you.
$100 Single State
$200 Multiple States