Maryland Handgun Qualification License
What is it?
In this Maryland firearms safety training course, students will receive instruction on firearm safety, handling, Maryland state firearm law, handgun parts and operation, and basic maintenance of a firearm. Additionally, a basic use-of-force lecture will be included. This 4-hour course covers time in the classroom, our simulation lab and live firing on the range.
Who needs it?
As of October 1, 2013, Maryland residents must possess a valid Handgun Qualification License (HQL) before they can purchase or receive a handgun.
What is included?
The rental of a firearm range fees, ammunition, and a certificate of completion are included in the price of the course.
Duration: 4-5 hours
- Learn how to use situational awareness to maintain safety.
- Understand how using the ‘Color Codes of Awareness’
- Acquire the knowledge required to choose a self-defense firearm for his or her defensive needs.
- Learn the proper way to load and unload many types of handguns.
- Identify firearm malfunctions and learn basic techniques for clearing them.
- Participants will learn what ‘defensive’ shooting is and how to do it.
- Learn proper grip, stance, and trigger control.
- Learn and practice the difference between point shooting and sighted fire.
- Learn and practice how to use a ‘flash sight picture’.
Need help with paperwork?
We can do that with you. Navigating the difficult path of the bureaucrats is not easy. Let our professionals get it done for you.
$100 Single State
$200 Multiple States